The National Data Buoy Center provides hourly observations from a network of about 90 buoys and 60 Coastal Marine Automated Network (C-MAN) stations. Most stations measure wind speed, direction, and gust; barometric pressure; and air temperature. In addition, all buoy stations, and some C-MAN stations, measure sea surface temperature and wave height and period. Conductivity and water current are measured at selected stations. NDBC also collects and provides data from partners who maintain shore-based stations.
- If the table below shows "No recent reports", there may be an NDBC server problem- try here. If that doesn't work, try here to go to the NDBC backup server. Moored buoys are retrieved for the winter beginning in November. Buoys with "No recent reports" below may be experiencing technical problems or may have been recovered for the winter.
- Not all weather conditions are reported by every station.
- Click a station on the map or the station ID in the table below to visit its website.
- Click here to display data in English units.
- Click Here for 5 day Lake Huron Marine Forecast
- Click Here for Lake Michigan weather buoys and stations
Air Temperature Water Temperature Wind Direction @ Speed Wind Gust Speed Barometer Barometer Trend Wave Height Wave Dominant Period
n/a °C n/a °C N 32 kph 46 kph 1023.7 hPa +1.1 hPa n/a m n/a sec
0.9 °C n/a °C N 37 kph 45 kph 1023.2 hPa +1.2 hPa n/a m n/a sec
2.1 °C 9.1 °C NNE 58 kph 72 kph 1017.3 hPa +1.5 hPa 2.3 m 7 sec
3.7 °C 10.6 °C NE 47 kph 61 kph 1014.8 hPa +1.6 hPa 2.3 m 6 sec
2.5 °C 10.1 °C NE 50 kph 65 kph 1020.2 hPa +1.8 hPa 2.4 m 6 sec
1.4 °C n/a °C NNE 33 kph 45 kph n/a hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
4.0 °C 10.0 °C NNE 61 kph 76 kph 1014.2 hPa n/a hPa 3.7 m 8 sec
1.1 °C n/a °C N 58 kph 65 kph 1017.9 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
4.6 °C n/a °C NNE 61 kph 76 kph 1014.7 hPa +2.3 hPa n/a m n/a sec
2.5 °C n/a °C N 58 kph 76 kph 1016.6 hPa +2.7 hPa n/a m n/a sec
7.0 °C n/a °C NNE 50 kph 61 kph 1012.7 hPa +0.1 hPa 0.7 m 4 sec
5.4 °C n/a °C NNW 15 kph 21 kph 1011.6 hPa +0.3 hPa n/a m n/a sec