The National Data Buoy Center provides hourly observations from a network of about 90 buoys and 60 Coastal Marine Automated Network (C-MAN) stations. Most stations measure wind speed, direction, and gust; barometric pressure; and air temperature. In addition, all buoy stations, and some C-MAN stations, measure sea surface temperature and wave height and period. Conductivity and water current are measured at selected stations. NDBC also collects and provides data from partners who maintain shore-based stations.
- If the table below shows "No recent reports", there may be an NDBC server problem- try here. If that doesn't work, try here to go to the NDBC backup server. Moored buoys are retrieved for the winter beginning in November. Buoys with "No recent reports" below may be experiencing technical problems or may have been recovered for the winter.
- Not all weather conditions are reported by every station.
- Click a station on the map or the station ID in the table below to visit its website.
- Click here to display data in English units.
- Click Here for 5 day Lake Huron Marine Forecast
- Click Here for Lake Michigan weather buoys and stations
Air Temperature Water Temperature Wind Direction @ Speed Wind Gust Speed Barometer Barometer Trend Wave Height Wave Dominant Period
n/a °C n/a °C NW 22 kph 33 kph 1004.6 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
-0.1 °C n/a °C WNW 11 kph 30 kph 1005.3 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
2.3 °C n/a °C n/a n/a kph n/a hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
2.0 °C n/a °C W 11 kph 30 kph n/a hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
2.2 °C n/a °C SW 30 kph 42 kph 1009.5 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
2.9 °C n/a °C W 21 kph 28 kph 1008.0 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
1.8 °C n/a °C WSW 30 kph 35 kph 1008.8 hPa +2.4 hPa n/a m n/a sec
3.9 °C n/a °C W 18 kph 26 kph 1009.1 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec