The National Data Buoy Center provides hourly observations from a network of about 90 buoys and 60 Coastal Marine Automated Network (C-MAN) stations. Most stations measure wind speed, direction, and gust; barometric pressure; and air temperature. In addition, all buoy stations, and some C-MAN stations, measure sea surface temperature and wave height and period. Conductivity and water current are measured at selected stations. NDBC also collects and provides data from partners who maintain shore-based stations.
- If the table below shows "No recent reports", there may be an NDBC server problem- try here. If that doesn't work, try here to go to the NDBC backup server. Moored buoys are retrieved for the winter beginning in November. Buoys with "No recent reports" below may be experiencing technical problems or may have been recovered for the winter.
- Not all weather conditions are reported by every station.
- Click a station on the map or the station ID in the table below to visit its website.
- Click here to display data in English units.
- Click Here for 5 day Lake Huron Marine Forecast
- Click Here for Lake Michigan weather buoys and stations
Air Temperature Water Temperature Wind Direction @ Speed Wind Gust Speed Barometer Barometer Trend Wave Height Wave Dominant Period
n/a °C n/a °C W 4 kph 9 kph 978.2 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
5.7 °C n/a °C WSW 22 kph 37 kph 979.2 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
8.2 °C 5.7 °C SSW 36 kph 43 kph 981.9 hPa +1.4 hPa 1.9 m 6 sec
7.0 °C 5.5 °C S 29 kph 36 kph 980.5 hPa +1.9 hPa 1.8 m 7 sec
8.5 °C n/a °C WSW 26 kph 30 kph n/a hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
8.6 °C 6.0 °C SSW 29 kph 32 kph 982.8 hPa +2.5 hPa 1.3 m 6 sec
6.0 °C n/a °C SW 17 kph 28 kph n/a hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
6.7 °C n/a °C S 8 kph 15 kph 984.4 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
11.8 °C n/a °C SSW 24 kph 35 kph 984.5 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
8.3 °C n/a °C SW 33 kph 39 kph 983.7 hPa +1.0 hPa n/a m n/a sec
10.0 °C n/a °C S 32 kph 36 kph 985.7 hPa +1.2 hPa 1.1 m 5 sec
12.8 °C n/a °C S 35 kph 46 kph 985.6 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec