The National Data Buoy Center provides hourly observations from a network of about 90 buoys and 60 Coastal Marine Automated Network (C-MAN) stations. Most stations measure wind speed, direction, and gust; barometric pressure; and air temperature. In addition, all buoy stations, and some C-MAN stations, measure sea surface temperature and wave height and period. Conductivity and water current are measured at selected stations. NDBC also collects and provides data from partners who maintain shore-based stations.
- If the table below shows "No recent reports", there may be an NDBC server problem- try here. If that doesn't work, try here to go to the NDBC backup server. Moored buoys are retrieved for the winter beginning in November. Buoys with "No recent reports" below may be experiencing technical problems or may have been recovered for the winter.
- Not all weather conditions are reported by every station.
- Click a station on the map or the station ID in the table below to visit its website.
- Click here to display data in English units.
- Click Here for 5 day Lake Huron Marine Forecast
- Click Here for Lake Michigan weather buoys and stations
Air Temperature Water Temperature Wind Direction @ Speed Wind Gust Speed Barometer Barometer Trend Wave Height Wave Dominant Period
n/a °C n/a °C NW 30 kph 41 kph 1018.8 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
n/a °C n/a °C NW 18 kph 35 kph 1018.7 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
10.0 °C 6.8 °C N 11 kph 14 kph 1018.3 hPa +1.6 hPa 0.3 m 4 sec
8.4 °C 5.4 °C N 22 kph 22 kph 1016.7 hPa +1.3 hPa 0.3 m 3 sec
5.9 °C 3.7 °C NW 18 kph 22 kph 1016.1 hPa +0.9 hPa 0.2 m 2 sec
5.1 °C 3.2 °C NW 22 kph 25 kph 1018.3 hPa +1.4 hPa 0.6 m 4 sec
12.4 °C n/a °C N 17 kph 24 kph n/a hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
6.0 °C 4.0 °C N 32 kph 40 kph 1017.1 hPa +0.7 hPa 0.9 m 4 sec
13.0 °C n/a °C NNE 18 kph 26 kph n/a hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
13.0 °C n/a °C NNW 35 kph 41 kph 1017.9 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
9.9 °C n/a °C N 37 kph 46 kph 1016.8 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec
15.1 °C n/a °C NNE 26 kph 33 kph 1015.9 hPa +1.0 hPa n/a m n/a sec
6.4 °C 6.1 °C NNE 29 kph 32 kph 1016.7 hPa +1.5 hPa 0.6 m 3 sec
n/a °C n/a °C NE 26 kph 32 kph 1016.5 hPa n/a hPa n/a m n/a sec